All About Luca

(This blog is part travelogue, part advice on traveling with a dog, part discovery of what’s on the minds of Americans, Canadians and other nationalities, part commentary, and other musings.)


Luca is the perfect boyfriend.

To begin with, he adores me. Unconditionally. I can do no wrong. If I leave him for an hour, when I return home he greets me as if I’d been deployed to Afghanistan for a year.

He never argues with me. He does whatever I ask of him (well, he can’t do dishes or give me a massage, but I’m sure he’d do both if he could).


He doesn’t snore. He doesn’t take up my side of the bed when I sleep. In fact, he doesn’t sleep in my bed at all, though he’s right next to it.


 He likes my music and doesn’t want me to change channels when I’m watching TV.

He’s like a trophy husband without the baggage. Everywhere I go with this piece of eye candy, he attracts men and women, boys and girls equally. They fawn over him. He’s been called beautiful, gorgeous, handsome so many times I’ve lost count. Someone even said he’s “magical.” Another told me he looks like something out of a storybook. But he never lets it get to his head.

He follows me everywhere I go. Everywhere. He’d be at my feet while I’m sitting on the toilet if he could. Ok, so maybe he’s a tiny bit needy.

He’s a great travel companion. He doesn’t get restless in the car. He loves camping with me, and he’s quite content in hotels and motels. We’ve hiked all kinds of trails, swum together in lakes and rivers, and walked on beaches at sunset while drinking pina colladas (ok, I’m getting a bit carried away).

(Luca finding his perfect spot by the Kern River on one of our swimming expeditions together)
 And so, soon we will embark on our longest journey yet together. A good 1,000 miles each way to British Columbia, Canada, and back – not counting any detours and side trips.

Just me and Luca. My almost perfect rescue Australian Shepherd mix, abandoned two years ago by the side of a highway in North Los Angeles County.

 The perfect boyfriend and perfect travel companion. What more could a guy want?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oil Rigs, James Dean & Redwoods

Super Dog Friendly Lodge - & More!

Dramatic Change for Couple: From L.A. to Scenic Mendocino